PAIRED® L.A. Lottery:
Wednesday, June 6 – Friday, June 16
- The lottery will remain open until midnight MT on Friday, June 16.
- 30 Breweries will be randomly selected, by U.S. region, via random lottery.
- Brewery participation is limited to U.S. small and independent members of the Brewers Association that meet the definition of craft.
- 42 total breweries will participate – 12 of which are Supporters/Sponsors of the event.
- Breweries that enter the lottery will be grouped into regions of the country and randomly selected to fill the available spots for that region (see “How is a brewery chosen” below).
- All breweries entering the lottery will be notified if they were randomly selected by June 20.
- Breweries selected will receive a confirmation email with further details about participating, and will be required to officially register as a participating brewery and pay registration fees (instructions will be provided) by Thursday, July 5.
- Entering your brewery in the lottery does not guarantee participation in the event and no late entries will be accepted once the lottery closes.
- Breweries entering the lottery, must agree to all Rules & Regulations (found below) associated with participating in the event, including having an owner/principal of the brewery present at the event.
PAIRED® L.A. Important Dates
- June 6 – 16: 2018 PAIRED® L.A. Lottery window
- June 20: Breweries notified if they were or were not randomly selected to participate
- June 20 – July 5: Selected breweries and supporters officially register their brewery and beers
- October 11: Beers due to host distributor in L.A.
- October 18 – 19: Paired L.A.
Brewery participation at PAIRED® L.A. is open to U.S. small and independent members of the Brewers Association that meet the definition of craft. Only one brewery within a control group may participate in PAIRED® L.A.
How is a brewery chosen?
The event will consist of 42 breweries from eight regions of the country pairing two of their beers with a food item. 30 Breweries will be randomly chosen by lottery from each of the eight regions (see the region breakdowns below). There will also be 12 additional spots available for participating brewery sponsors/supporters.
Regions and States
|Central Region:||IA, KS, KY, MN, MO, NE, ND, OK, SD|
|Great Lakes Region:||IL, IN, MI, OH, WI|
|Mid-Atlantic Region:||DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV|
|Mountain Region:||CO, ID, MT, NV, UT, WY|
|Northeast Region:||CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT|
|Pacific & Southwest Regions:||AZ, CA, HI, NM, TX|
|Pacific Northwest Region:||AK, OR, WA|
|South Region:||AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN|
Registration fees are on a sliding scale based on your estimated 2017 barrelage production. No refunds for cancellations. All payments are due by July 5, 2018.
2017 Barrelage Registration Price
|2,500 barrels or less:||$750|
|2,501 barrels or more:||$850|
IMPORTANT: all breweries selected to participate in PAIRED® L.A. must have a brewery owner/principal at their booth at all times. Please do not enter the lottery if your brewery is unable to meet this requirement.
Breweries entering into the 2018 PAIRED® L.A. Brewery Participation Lottery agree to pay all registration fees, as well as abide by all requirements associated with the event should they be selected to participate.
Sending Beer for the Event
Amount to Send: 2 brands | Recommended Quantity: No less than 13.5 gallons per brand (Roughly 6 – 8 cases of 12oz bottles, one 1/2 bbl keg, etc.).
Where to Send: Each brand of beer must be delivered with a no-charge invoice to the host distributor, the week of October 11, 2018. Shipping details will be sent to participating breweries after the confirmation process.Beer and Food Pairings
- Each brewery will showcase two beers at the event.
- Each brewery’s PAIRED® L.A. menu will be created in collaboration with whichever celebrated chef the brewery is paired with. Breweries will work together with their chefs to aid with flavor profiles of their beer so that the chefs may work to create a unique pairing for each beer.
- Food pairing samples will be served at the brewery’s table.
Participating breweries are responsible for making their own hotel or accommodation reservations. The Brewers Association will have a block of discounted rooms available at the nearby Freehand hotel, for those interested. Details will be posted closer to the event and communicated to breweries who are randomly selected to participate.Questions about hotel accommodations? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules & Regulations
In order to participate in PAIRED® L.A., breweries agree to the following rules:
- Brewery participation at PAIRED® L.A. is open to U.S. small and independent members of the Brewers Association that meet the definition of craft.
- Brewery owners, brewmasters, or the “face of the brewery” are required to be at their table at PAIRED® L.A. to discuss beer and food pairings with attendees. If the brewery owner, brewer or “face of the brewery” is unable to commit to being at the event, please do not enter the lottery. Volunteer beer servers will not be provided.
- A brewery representative is expected to be at your table at all times during the event. Beer and food pairings will not be served from brewery tables at which there are no representatives present at the start of the event.
- Entry into PAIRED® L.A. includes three representative passes. This allows rotation of your representatives at the table. Everyone else entering the event will need to purchase a ticket.
- Breweries entering the lottery will pay the associated registration fees if selected (see “Cost” section above)
- Only one brewery within a control group may participate in PAIRED® L.A.
- Marketing materials are allowed at your table. This area may be used to display marketing materials or give away brewery items. Since space is limited, smaller items work best. Keep the upscale atmosphere in mind when selecting promotional materials.
- Breweries must provide the beer with a no charge invoice. Logistical details to be provided.
Questions about the event? Contact Senior Event Manager Chris Williams: email@example.com